Governments around the world are recognising the necessity of developing an enterprising culture in their young people. The World Economic Forum in their recent report Educating the Next Wave of Entrepreneurs highlights as their peak recommendation that governments "develop ambitious national plans for entrepreneurship education at all levels."
The Global Enterprise Challenge aims to provide young people with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to assist them in the transition from school to work, including the ability to create and manage personal, community, business and work opportunities.
Students are given the opportunity to develop innovative, creative, and feasible solutions to issues and problems that are now emerging in the global community. Many of the challenges involve technological and scientific concepts.
Students are also given the chance to develop and nurture career-focused skills in areas including team work, communication, leadership, enterprise and creativity, innovation and time management, in an engaging and relevant global competition.
Participants may also:
- Discover a new way of learning, which may be valuable for further studies
- Gain an insight into business operations, including marketing, operations and the management of a broad range of business resources, including human resources
- Hone problem solving skills including the application of science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Test skills such as financial capability
- Be motivated to investigate and develop vocational interests
- Experience the thrill, and fun, of participating in a competition at an international level.
Certificates & trophies:
- All participants (teams, facilitators and judges) will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Trophies will be awarded to;
- the global winner
- the winner of the most creative presentation and idea
- Certificates for country and GEC region winners will be awarded
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) awards a gold medal to the winning team and individual certificates to each team member.
- All teams will receive feedback from the judges.